A night cream for a beautiful morning. This should be the motto of facial care at night.
Why? What do night creams do while we sleep?
Our skin does not behave the same at night as it does during the day. Its rhythm changes. During the day, the skin acts in defense, protecting itself from pollution, weather conditions, UV rays, etc. When we sleep, the skin is also active, working to repair the damage caused during the day and regenerating itself.
The skin regenerates 3 times faster during the night than during the day. Using a night cream from the age of 25 helps us to slow down the aging of the skin.
Can the day cream be used at night and vice versa? Well NO and I will explain why.
The facial night cream does not offer our skin the same protection, such as sunscreens for example, as the day cream. Also, it does not have the same function. Day creams serve to protect the skin, while the main function of night creams is to repair and regenerate the skin.
At what age should we start using night creams?
As we have mentioned before, if your skin is not very dry, the ideal is to start with facial care at night from the age of 25.
Choose your night cream according to your age and skin type. For instance:
- If your skin it is fat (with a lot of sebum secretion), choose formulas that are less enriched, such as liquids or gels.
- If your skin is prone to acne, opt for a purifying cream.
- Si tu skin is dry, choose rich and creamy textures.
TambiГ © n:
- At twenty years, Opt for a moisturizing night cream that allows your skin to repair damage caused by the sun and lack of sleep.
- At thirty years choose an anti-wrinkle night cream to slow skin aging, refine its texture and restore radiance to your skin.
- It tienes mature skin, use an anti-aging cream that enhances hydration, stimulates cell renewal and collagen production.
When and how to apply your night cream?
Before going to bed, after you have removed your makeup and cleansed your face of all impurities and traces of makeup, apply the night cream with a small massage (on the neck as well), avoiding the eye contour. For the latter, being a more sensitive area, you should use eye contour creams applying them with the ring finger around the entire bony area of the eyes, making a light tapping (as if you were playing the piano :)).
Beauty tips: once or twice a week use a face mask suitable for your skin type.
Be patient and don't expect your night cream to work miracles from the first application! It takes about a month for the skin to renew itself.
And you? Do you include nighttime facial creams in your routine?